So I actually got nominated for my first award. It’s nice to think that I’ve made a difference in someone life (if only a little) and it was enough for them to nominate me for an award. The person that nominated me was Sophia, you can check out her post about it and her blog here. Thank you so much! I was pretty shocked when I saw the comment on one of my posts. And touched, really.
Now since I’ve seen this award going around before I wanted to do some digging on it. I don’t think it’s an actually “award”, as in I’m not sure if you win it or not? From the looks of it you nominate people and pass it around as more of a friendly gesture. I might be wrong on this but that’s what it looks like to me! Nonetheless it was a nice surprise to receive on this Valentine’s day.
The rules can be quite…well they’re pretty much ever changing, even I tweaked the rules a bit. But here are the basics:
1) Post a short Q&A about themselves
2) Answer the questions the tagger has asked
3) Create a new list of questions for their own nominees
4) Choose a list of their own nominees and notify them
there’s also variations such as this:
. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
The number of people you nominate and the amount of followers they have to have changes. I choose to do 5 followers (since most of the blogs I follow are usually more popular) and that they have less than 300 followers. One of the blogs I’m nominating has around 250 and that’s the highest number. Also, I’m sorry If you’ve already been nominated, I literally went through my blog list and was trying to pick apart who to nominate and it was harder than I though. If you’ve done this before you can ignore the nomination but perhaps answer the questions for fun or nominate some new people.
On to the questions and facts:
11 Facts About Myself:
1. I’m a third year junior in college
2. I like wrestling a lot….like A LOT
3. I’ve recently starting thinking of obscure and obscene names for makeup and they’re ridiculous
4. I also do special effects makeup
5. I love horror movies
6. I have two cats. I’m so close to my baby Tobey that he has separation anxiety and becomes hostile
7. I’m the mother of dragons
8. I watch anime, not all the time, but I do
9. I love playing video games and watching Let’s Plays.
10. My Favorite game is probably pokemon because i’ve played ever generation so far
11. My favorite food is pizza
Here are the questions I have to answer:
1. If you had only 24 hours left to live, what would you do?
I’d probably just visit my mom and my cats. My mom would spend most of the time crying since I’m her only child and her world. But I’d try to do something either semi-fun with her or relaxing. Like just spending time with her.
2. What was the last lie you told?
I don’t think I remember. I’m usually truthful but I’ve probably told a lie at some point recently.
3. Why did you start a blog?
I started a blog because I got into makeup like a year or two ago and as I’ve practiced and began hoarding makeup I realized it was something I really enjoyed. I’ve been watching beauty bloggers for awhile on Youtube and I liked the careers they could create by just blogging and recording their looks and opinions on things. I thought maybe if I could make a small career out of this it would be nice because makeup is something I genuinely love to do. It’s also fun to interact with other people online and learn from each other. I’ve been learning from other MUAs since day one and sometimes my friends come to me on how to do makeup. So I thought if I could add my two cents in, it would be great. Also I wanted to feature products that weren’t expensive because every makeup blogger/vlogger and their mother uses expensive makeup to create looks and not everyone has the money for that, especially beginners.
4. What is your most embarrassing moment?
When I was younger (in elementary school) I peed on myself, once in kindergarten and the other in 5th grade. Both time it was because my teacher didn’t let me use the bathroom/leave the class to go which is ridiculous. If I wasn’t so afraid of getting into trouble I would’ve walked out the classroom and went anyway. Which is why college is great, you can leave the class and go pee without asking for permission like a child. Anyway in kindergarten I peed so much that the janitor has to come into my classroom and mop under my seat and I needed a spare change of clothes.
5. What is your favourite childhood moment?
I don’t think I have one. I’m an only child and I mostly played by myself. But I think possibly going to Coney Island in New York was a good memory. I’ve always love Coney Island. I also really liked going to the American Girl Store in Times Square. Once I went to the cafe in there with my aunt, that was when we had like aunt-niece days and she would treat me to something from the store(usually a doll)
6. If you could spend the night with a celebrity, who would it be and why?
Off the top of my head, Johnny Depp. If I spent more time thinking about it, it would be someone else. Maybe Beyonce…or another actress or singer. I’m not sure. I don’t focus too much on celebrities anymore.
7. Where is your dream holiday?
probably going through Scandinavia.
8. Name 5 things that are physically close to you.
9. What is the last film you watched?
One Missed Call the American version
10. What did the last text message you sent say?
“yeah I have, grandpapa has them”
11. Have you chosen who you are going to nominate yet?
Here are my 11 questions that my nominees have to answer:
1. Do you watch anime? If yes, what’s your favorite, if not what’s your favorite tv show?
2. How would you classify your personal style?
3. What got you into makeup?
4. Do you like being alone or surrounded by other people? A mixture of both?
5. What’s your favorite urban legend?
6. Have you ever been to a convention? It could be an anime one, a tattoo one, IMATS, etc.
7. Do you prefer high end makeup over drugstore or vice versa?
8. Do you write down ideas for your blog or do research on topics you want to discuss or do you just go day by day and wing it?
9.Do you prefer long or short nails?
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry or clothing that you own?
11.how many pairs of shoes do you own?
Here are my nominees: